Is Jeff Lynne your favourite Travelling Wilbury? Don't you just wish you would hear Chris Rea's 'Let's Dance' just once an actual dance floor? Do you wish that James Taylor was your real Dad? Meet FEMBOTanist!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Industrial accident Friday #314

What do you do when you want to leave work at exactly 3.45PM on the dot?

Start treating clay blocks with peroxide solution at exactly 3.44PM!!

Dude – what was I thinking? I’ve done this procedure a thousand times without incident. After pouring the peroxide into the buckets, the rocks fizzed a little as they always do. Three seconds later, massive plumes of Sulphurous vapour and bubbling fossil sediment were flying everywhere. Luckily it was within the confines of a fumehood and a primarily empty lab, so there were no grown ups around to see me frantically running back and forth with arms flailing. It was also lucky that Carlos was right there to help me clean up the mess and change my lab goggles every time I kept steaming them over with terror sweat. Nothing gets terror sweat out of lab coats (except more terror!).

Luckily, everything worked out okay, and now I’m back home to get ready before going out for some tasty Thai at Leela Wadee with the Thursday night dinner crew, as we have moved Wednesday nights Thursday night to Friday night for one night only.

See you next week from the vantage of my brand new home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home