Is Jeff Lynne your favourite Travelling Wilbury? Don't you just wish you would hear Chris Rea's 'Let's Dance' just once an actual dance floor? Do you wish that James Taylor was your real Dad? Meet FEMBOTanist!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

King of the foam ring.

My friend and lab buddy Carlos lent me a scientific paper to photocopy yesterday, which in turn has allowed me to partake in my favourite hobby – using the English to Spanish translator on the Mac to write a thankyou note. I do this despite the fact that Carlos probably speaks better English than I do after being in Australia for only one year.

I began with…

"Thank you for lending me the scientific paper, my super intelligent man friend. Perhaps I could thank you properly by buying you a milk shake from the donut king some time."

this translated to...

"Gracias por prestarme el papel científico, mi amigo inteligente estupendo del hombre. Quizás podría agradecerle correctamente comprándole una sacudida de leche del rey del anillo de espuma una cierta hora."

Which when translated back into English, reads…

"Thanks to lend the scientific paper, my wonderful intelligent friend to me of the man. Perhaps it could be thankful to him correctly buying a milk shock of the king of the foam ring a certain hour to him."

I will never get tired of that widget...or that Colombian.

1 Comments:

Blogger nothing said...

Hahaha, I think I just soiled myself. Aah, English, a multifaceted language. Are you going to be at uni on Thurs? Perhaps we could both go get a milk shock and then drink them with our friend to us of the man, the King of the Foam Ring, Stoozle.

June 28, 2006 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home