Is Jeff Lynne your favourite Travelling Wilbury? Don't you just wish you would hear Chris Rea's 'Let's Dance' just once an actual dance floor? Do you wish that James Taylor was your real Dad? Meet FEMBOTanist!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My mighty heart is breaking.

*Shudder*

The last time I felt this much sporting pain
was when Australian walking champion Jane Saville was disqualified just before entering the stadium at the Sydney Olympics in 2000, resulting in Jovana and I falling to our knees, unplugging the TV and turning it to face the wall. Before that, it was 1993 when Carlton was robbed of the flag by one point and a dodgy free kick* by Essendon Football Club.

It would have been okay if we had lost in a shoot out after a 0-0 result, or because of a legitimate goal on Italy's behalf. At least it would have been fair, and nobody could have said that WE WERE ROBBED. All I'm saying is, we weren't necessarily robbed of victory - we were robbed of the opportunity to have a fair shot at victory.

I’m so heartbroken, I’m going to go downstairs, get on my bike, ride to the gym and take it out on the ol' punching bag**.


*7 goals
**Go downstairs, drive to Krispee Kreme and gorge myself in the front seat of my car, silently weeping and staring at my hands.


Guus, we love you BADCORE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

je suis d'accord completement!!

July 02, 2006 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home