Is Jeff Lynne your favourite Travelling Wilbury? Don't you just wish you would hear Chris Rea's 'Let's Dance' just once an actual dance floor? Do you wish that James Taylor was your real Dad? Meet FEMBOTanist!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Dear baby Jesus,

A few months ago, you sent down a rumour from heaven that Icehouse would be playing at the Big Day Out 2007. Since that day I have sat here patiently in prayer waiting for your confirmation of this biblical event. I have been diligently checking both the heavenly gossip forums and the official BDO website on a daily basis, lest I receive any bad tidings. I even began studying again the sacred Smash hits magazine Icehouse scriptures that I found in a box in mum and dad's shed marked ‘Emma's bedroom crap’, words that the great prophets wrote with your guidance back in 1987AD. Words that still guide my passage here on earth to this day.

Your holiness, let it be known that I am willing to sacrifice both my place in Heaven and my entire back catalogue of Bruce Hornsby records in exchange for just one five song set (and possibly two encores) that would include (but not be limited to) ‘Electric Blue’, ‘Crazy’ and ‘I Can’t Help Myself’. I also pray that the ghostly spectre of Iva Davies will be appearing in a similar fashion to this…



…and not at all like this.



As sure as the world is flat and that Charles Darwin is the devil himself, I believe that in addition to serving you tirelessly, I was placed here on earth to attend at least one Icehouse concert.

All I ask is that you answer my prayers.

Yours and committed to the Harvest,


FEMBOTanist.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home